What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Apply template for existing object

Votes:

Hi Support,

is it possible to apply a template with its sensors to an existing object? We defined many thresholds to sensors and channels and it would be easy to apply these if we add a sensor to an existing object. If we add sensors the normal way, we have to adjust every treshold, much work.

Regards Michael

object probe template

Created on Jun 6, 2017 3:03:50 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Michael,

Existing sensors are not modified via device templates, but you might as well use Multi-Edit to modify the thresholds for multiple sensors at once. Note that you can only edit multiple sensors of the same type with the same amount of channels. If they vary, the channels will be reduced to the least common channels of all sensors selected.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke

Created on Jun 7, 2017 6:20:06 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

i dont want to edit existing sensors. What i want to do is to add new sensors via template to an existing object. If you create an object you can chose to "Automatische Sensorerzeugung mittels ausgewählter Gerätevorlage" so only sensors in the template will be applied. I want to apply all the sensors in a template to an object which already exists.

Regards Michael

Created on Jun 8, 2017 8:11:00 AM

Votes:

Hi Michael,

Since this is already configured, starting an auto discovery on the device via right click should do the trick. Are the sensors created then? If not, what happens when you create the sensors manually?

In case they're working, please provide the complete device template you're using, then I'll check it :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke

Created on Jun 8, 2017 12:10:45 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

sorry my fault, this is exactly what i was looking for. Havent seen this option.

Thanks Michael

Created on Jun 8, 2017 1:24:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.