What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mass move devices to new probe

Votes:

I know I can move devices one at a time to a new group/probe but I am currently going through a migration and need to move about 50 probes and would hate to have to clunkly click through one at a time and move to a new probe. I have to retain all past data so I cant delete them and then set up a auto discovery in the new location.

Is there anyway to mass move devices from one probe to another?

devices move prtg

Created on Jun 7, 2017 2:34:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

On Management tab you can select multiple devices or groups by holding down CTRL-Key and move them to a different location.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 8, 2017 1:30:26 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 10, 2020 5:23:44 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That method will allow you to move multiple devices to another group on the same probe, but will not let you move multiple devices to a DIFFERENT probe.

Created on Jul 25, 2022 8:09:48 PM

Votes:

Hello,
The method explained above also applies to moving multiple devices to a different probe. Simply select all devices you like to move and drag them to the different probe. If this isn't working as expected, feel free to reach out to us directly via mail at [email protected] and send us screenshots so we can take a closer look at the issue you are facing.

Created on Jul 26, 2022 7:38:09 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.