What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IMAP shared mailbox

Votes:

Hi,

We would like to monitor a shared mailbox (Office365) for our backup mails. But currently it seems like it only possible to open regular user mailboxes as you can't fill in a username and a different mailbox.

I suppose the "Mailbox name" parameter is just for the different folders in the mailbox that is connected to the username right?

Is there some way to monitor shared mailboxes (in Office365)? We would prefer not to buy a user license for these mailboxes that are just receiving backup mails.

Kind regards,

Wim

backup imap office365

Created on Jun 8, 2017 11:08:34 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hey Wim,

Thank you for your KB-posting.

As you already noticed correctly the "Mailbox name" parameter is just for the different folder names. Also as you already noticed it is only possible to open/monitor regular mailboxes but not shared mailboxes.

Currently, we cannot offer you any workaround for this, I'm afraid. The only way that will work is to use one distinct mailbox per user.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Jun 9, 2017 11:32:06 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I'm sad to hear that. Thanks for the reply!

Kind regards,

Wim

Created on Jun 9, 2017 11:36:53 AM

Votes:

Hello,

I'm a bit late on this topic but there is a way to check shared mailbox but you still need to use an ID.

Let's say that you want to check the "[email protected]" shared mailbox with your user John

You can fill the username field in the authentication part of the sensor as follow:

[email protected]\[email protected]

Like this, the sensor will access the shared mailbox (if your user has privileges accross the mailbox of course)

Best regards,

Fabian

Created on Apr 23, 2018 2:32:36 PM

Votes:

Hey Fabian,

Thanks for sharing this.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Apr 24, 2018 7:38:49 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.