What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

prtg creates too many ssh connection in linux servers

Votes:

We have installed PRTG on windows server and monitoring all linux systems, but It creates to too many SSH connections and getting slow down all the linux servers.

How do we fix this issue?

Is there any recommended settings available?

prtg-creates-ssh-load prtg-ssh ssh-load-due-to-too-many-connection

Created on Jun 13, 2017 2:52:05 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear vickyjey

How many SSH sensor do you (on average) have per Linux computer, and which scanning interval did you set in PRTG?

Created on Jun 13, 2017 6:43:32 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

>>How many SSH sensor do you (on average) have per Linux computer

I think It's two SSH sensor per linux machine

>>which scanning interval did you set in PRTG? I have set Scanning Interval as 5 and set sensor to warning for 3 intervals, the set to down

Please send the recommended method to fix this issue.

Awaiting your reply!

Created on Jun 14, 2017 1:23:14 AM

Votes:

Dear vickyjey

With two sensors per machine and a 5-minute scanning interval, the SSH connections created by PRTG should not slow the computer down. Can you check the logs and check how many connections are created by the PRTG probe?

Please also let me know which PRTG version you are using.

Created on Jun 14, 2017 12:00:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 14, 2017 12:00:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.