What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Microsoft SQL v2 Senzor returning ambigous last value

Votes:

I have set up an Microsoft SQL v2 as previous is deprecated and it stopped working. o I have made SQL file with exact same code, the initial get is taking VERY long, after that, the value is returns but as soon as I set up lower warning and error limit, sensor jumps to red and show only "0" as last value - this is unacceptable as you cannot rely on monitoring anymore. Any info on this issue???

error last-value microsoft-sql-v2

Created on Jun 16, 2017 7:18:32 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear DarkMaster

Are you using the "Execution Time", or the "Query Execution Time" to check? The latter would be more precise as the first one also includes the time to start the underlying C# Exe file which performs the database connection.

Created on Jun 16, 2017 3:07:25 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

None - I am checking the actual value that comes from the database - that is my primary data for that particular sensor.

Created on Jun 20, 2017 7:57:27 AM

Votes:

Dear DarkMaster

The value channel should not be affected by a warning or error limit. What behavior do you exactly get?

Created on Jun 20, 2017 11:25:25 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get exactly the described behavior in my first post - the actual value from database is getting trough BUT the limits that I set, namely the lower warning and error limit get confused as the last value is mainly at 0, max is the value...the the last value stays at 0...so the notification is not correct as it is at 0 and I get constant notification of the lower error limit...is this comprehensible? I will try to post link to image of this....

Created on Jun 21, 2017 7:10:12 AM

Votes:

Dear DarkMaster

Please contact [email protected] with an description, and screenshots. The screenshots should include

• sensor overview
  • sensor "Logs" tab
  • sensor live or 2 day graph, whichever demonstrates the issues best
  • the sensor "Notifications" tab

Created on Jun 21, 2017 10:32:26 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.