What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to load SVG graphs into Visio?

Votes:

Hi,

I'm using Visio 2016 Pro to make an overview of the disk usage of multiple computers and shares and present this to management for reporting purposes. Reason I want to use Visio for this is that it offers easy printing options (A3 & A4 paper size format etc.) and more flexibility (for our case) than the PRTG map builder. Also everyone in my team is familiar with Visio and is able to easily change the overview drawing without learning how to PRTG.

Now my question: Is there a way to dynamically load SVG graphs into Visio? I tried to insert the SVG's url's into the 'Insert picture' dialog in Visio, but Visio does not support adding external images through long urls (gets truncated to max. chars limit in Windows), and the url not ending with an extension like .PNG or SVG .

Example of used url for PRTG graph in Visio:

hxxp:HOSTNAME/chart.svg?type=graph&graphid=0&width=1500&height=500&animationandinteraction=1&animationstylefile=graphanimationstyling.htm&tooltexts=1&datastyling=drawAnchors%3D%271%27%20anchorRadius%3D%271%27%20lineThickness%3D%272%27&refreshable=true&columns=datetime%2Cvalue_%2Ccoverage&_=1497621534990&id=2207&myid=019277&hide=&graphstylefile=graphstyling.htm&datastylefile=graphdatastyling.htm&graphstyling=baseFontSize%3D%2710%27%20showLegend%3D%271%27&tooltexts=1&datastyling=drawAnchors%3D%271%27%20anchorRadius%3D%271%27%20lineThickness%3D%272%27&thisisnew

I tried to find out if I can do a design in PRTG Map Builder and then load it into Visio with an iframe, but to my experience with Visio this is not possible (or I did overlook that option somehow).

So far this is not really an issue of PRTG, but does anyone has experience with including/embedding PRTG graphs into Visio? And if so, how did you achieve that?

Thanks in advance :)

graphs office printing reporting visio

Created on Jun 16, 2017 2:37:58 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

As far as I know there are only ways to display pictures from BING, Google and so on. But, they are not dynamic. I think this is more a question for the Microsoft Support, not us. :)

Best Regards.

Created on Jun 19, 2017 11:17:56 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.