What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding Bandwidth Sensor Gauges to Map

Votes:

Hi,

Firstly I was wondering if its possible to add bandwidth sensors that look like the devices/gauges small on the map. Next if this is possible I would like to have a few gauges that can grab the information from bandwidth sensors like 30 days total bandwidth peak, and total kbits for 30 days. Ideally i would like to monitor from the map my major network bottlenecks at the glance of a screen and also have a few gauge or widget type map devices that will give me the top sensor for the month/day for bandwidth and data flow. Is this possible?

gauges map-objects traffic-monitoring

Created on Jun 18, 2017 1:21:26 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

In the Map editor are several "gauge objects" in section "Status Icons" you can use for that. Maps themselves however do no further processing of sensordata, they basically reflect existing sensor data without further processing like calculation of averages. To some extent you can do this by building a Factory Sensor for the calculation.

Besides that you can of course also simply drag and drop a 30 day graph from a traffic sensor into a map (located under "Graphs" in the Map editor).

See also: Creating Maps (Video)

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 19, 2017 2:44:03 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.