What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Event Log Blacklist

Votes:

In PRTG it is possible to filter the Events by Source, ID etc. This Settings allow me, to create a Whitelist of Events, i want to Monitor.

Now, here is my Question: Is it possible to create a Blacklist for Event Logs (and perhaps some other stuff) in PRTG without much Scripting?

Example:

I want to get all EventLogs of a specific kind, like 'System' except the Event with the ID 7001 and 10016.

Thank you for your help.

blacklist event-log sensor

Created on Jun 19, 2017 8:31:32 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Benjamin

To use finer filters than the default event log sensor provides, some scripting is necessary. You can use this script however as well.

Created on Jun 19, 2017 11:37:45 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.