What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notifications - Switches

Votes:

I want to be able to see when a device is plugged into a port switch along with its usage. i currently have PRTG setup as follows. I have multiples sites and probes.

• <Probe>
    • <Site>
      • <Network Devices>
        • <Gateway01>
        • <Switch01>
        • <Switch02>
      • <Servers> Sensors on switches are SNMP Bandwidth monitoring sensors. Right now i get an email notifying me of any change on a switch. I would like to stop email notifications from switches. Is that possible? IF, this is possible, can i stop email notifications from switches EXCEPT specific ports?

email notification snmp switch

Created on Jun 19, 2017 10:43:30 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Michael,
Thank you for your KB-posting.

To get notifications from Servers and specific port-sensors underneath the Switch0x devices only, please head to the Notifications tab on Network Devices level and select the option Only use the triggers defined below under Trigger Inheritance.

Once you have done this, please head to the "port-sensors" which should still trigger notifications in case of an error and deploy notification triggers to this sensors.

Kind regards,
Sven

Created on Jun 21, 2017 12:35:43 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.