What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

One sensor works one does nto on same server

Votes:

I have a windows 2016 server with a sensor on CPU and one on Memory the CPU sensor works fine but I cannot get the memory sensor to work just keep getting PE015 code error.

pe015 prtg wmi

Created on Jun 21, 2017 7:53:32 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello PeterW,

Thank you very much for your support request.

Please allow me to ask for a couple of further information regarding the used PRTG version and the type of sensors. I assume that you are referring to WMI based sensors such as WMI CPU Load or WMI Memory.
If so, please make sure that you configured the required Windows credentials in the device that hosts the sensors. Open the Settings tab of the device and configure CREDENTIALS FOR WINDOWS SYSTEMS properly.

Furthermore, check this knowledge base post for further problem solving approaches: My WMI sensors don't work. What can I do?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 21, 2017 8:20:05 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have found the solution. I was trying to use a local user and it seems that outside connection these users do not work as administrator users on 2016. So I have had to switch to a domain user all works now.

Created on Jun 22, 2017 6:47:06 AM

Votes:

well done :) Thank you for your response.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 22, 2017 7:53:26 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.