What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Limit on users accessing PRTG & Maps

Votes:

I am asking a question as I use a single user account to run multiple Maps on various monitors within our business and your recommendation of 30 user accounts is ok but would this be affected by using say 10 or 20 different Maps(Dashboards) by 1 user? We want to share some dashboards with clients so it is very important to understand what strain this will put on our Server Resources? By the way I like the way this is currently done :)

limits maps user-accounts

Created on Jun 21, 2017 7:44:04 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello GrahamG,

Thank you very much for your post.

Regarding your question: but would this be affected by using say 10 or 20 different Maps(Dashboards) by 1 user? No, the recommendation to stay below a certain number of user accounts is mainly caused if several users actively work within PRTG's interface. The display of a PRTG map has in comparison of working users no major influence on the Core Server's workload. I don't see any problem with your current approach.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 23, 2017 9:40:38 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.