What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP CONTENT, Longer time for request value from arduino server

Votes:

Hello! I probably already told , i use arduino server on local network, where have 17 temperature sensors, then i use in prtg network monitor HTTP Content to collect this value from server.

So far everything was fine, but now i add some display and sensors on my arduino, and the code on arduino has increased and consequently refreshing time on local server. ( arduino server work on princip: connect server, print value and disconect , then refresh every X second. )

Many times happens that http content request data just in time, when the server is unavailable ( A few seconds ), and PRTG triger warning and then somethimes alarm.

My question is: It is possible to extend the time for request data from server with HTTP Content ? I do not know what the time is right now, I want the request waiting for a few seconds ( cca 5 - 10 sec ) for server ..

Thanyou for help !

arduino http-content longer-time server

Created on Jun 23, 2017 5:15:44 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear svedr

You can increase the timeout in the sensor settings. If you just want to get rid of the red alarm status, you can set the sensor to switch to warning status first (for up to five error scans in succession) before it switches to red. The latter setting is in the same section where you also change the sensor scanning interval.

Created on Jun 23, 2017 11:47:37 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You did not understand me well. I want increase time, for answer from server.

Created on Jun 24, 2017 1:05:52 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

You could also open up the URL within the sketch after every run using the HTTP Push Data (Advanced) Sensor. This way, the data will be pushed to PRTG on demand and there's no need for PRTG to wait for it.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 26, 2017 6:49:02 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.