What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wrong max-latency value retrieved using Cisco IP-SLA udp-jitter sensor

Votes:

I have a Cisco IP SLA up-jitter sensor retrieving statistics from a Cisco Switch and I have noticed that one of the values (Max Latency Source-to-Destination) is not retrieved correctly, showing values different from the ones stored in the Cisco Switch.

e.g. when the ip-sla test at the Switch shows the following result:

Source to Destination Latency one way Min/Avg/Max: 5/11/23 ms

PRTG sensor retrieves:

Min Latency Source to Destination:5 ms
Avg Latency Source to Destination:11 ms
Max Latency Source to Destination:2 ms

The Max latency value is retrieved incorrectly everytime, showing values lower than Min and Avg ones.

I am running PRTG Network Monitor 15.4.20.4776+

bug ip-sla latency

Created on Jun 23, 2017 12:46:57 PM

Last change on Jun 23, 2017 1:15:09 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,
thank you for your KB-Post and feedback.

There have been changes to the Cisco IP SLA Sensor recently. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting I need to ask that you head to Setup > Auto-Update and install the latest available PRTG Version. (This is currently 17.2.31.2018). Your server may also install intermediate version if required.

Please re-deploy the mentioned sensor after having update to the version above and let us know if the sensor still displays "incorrect" values. In this case we can review the data provided by the device for comparison.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 23, 2017 1:27:30 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.