What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Export Groups With Location

Votes:

Hi, I want to export all group devices with their GPS location. How can i do that?

Thanks in advance

gps group location prtg

Created on Jun 30, 2017 11:25:44 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi Luis,

You can find the documentation of the API in your webinterface under "Setup > PRTG API".
To retrieve your desired values, you can use the following API call:

/api/table.csv?content=devices&columns=name,host,location=raw&count=*

This will export all devices with their location into a csv file.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 30, 2017 4:00:34 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Dariusz, This export the sensors, but what i need is the groups. is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Created on Jun 30, 2017 4:03:47 PM

Votes:

Hi luis,

The API call actually exports all devices. To export the groups, could have included this in the first answer, use the following call:

/api/table.csv?content=groups&columns=objid,name,location=raw&count=*&sortby=name

Please note, when you have entered GPS coordinates into the group settings, then you will see the GPS coordinates. But, if you have entered addresses, then you only will see the entered address and no GPS coordinates.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 3, 2017 6:14:09 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi again, I just tested this solution you share but it's not working. No GPS coordinates or location are show.

we are in last version 17.2.32.2279+

Thanks

Created on Jul 3, 2017 1:47:17 PM

Votes:

Hi Luis,

As described before:

Please note, when you have entered GPS coordinates into the group settings, then you will see the GPS coordinates. But, if you have entered addresses, then you only will see the entered address and no GPS coordinates.

Have you entered a location or GPS coordinates in the settings of a certain group/device? If not, then it is clear why they are empty. :)

Best regards.

Created on Jul 3, 2017 7:52:01 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi again, No GPS coordinates or Location are exported by this API.

Thanks.

Created on Jul 4, 2017 1:53:22 PM

Votes:

Hi Luis,

Have you actually entered any GPS-data or location data into the group/device settings?

Best regards

Created on Jul 4, 2017 2:36:10 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz, Yes, i have the location data introduced at group settings.

Created on Jul 4, 2017 2:45:24 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Strange, can you check if they are displayed for the devices instead of the groups?

/api/table.csv?content=devices&columns=objid,name,location=raw&count=*&sortby=name

Best regards.

Created on Jul 5, 2017 5:41:59 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.