What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a sensor to perform web page navigation?

Votes:

Is their a built-in sensor to perform web page navigation tests? Alternatively, a pre-built script that can be tailored for this. I was looking at the webstress tool which sounds like it can do it, but not sure if that could then be put into PRTG Monitoring.

Specifically I've been asked to assist with the creation of a sensor that measures the time to perform a number of functions (such as browsing to a page, logging in, performing a search) and then providing that back to PRTG as an integer.

Thanks for your time.

navigation prtg web

Created on Jul 11, 2017 8:42:56 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Chris,

The HTTP Transaction Sensor might do what you need to some extent at least. Everything else would be indeed more like a scriptbased solution, though I could not find a template for this type of requirement to provide you I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jul 12, 2017 1:42:25 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 12, 2017 1:42:51 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Erhard,

I'll give that a go.

Created on Jul 12, 2017 1:49:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.