What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Docker Sensor Connection Refused

Votes:

Hi there,

I added the Docker sensor for a new machine, adjusted the port, added the certificate and private key (self signed, with own CA). I can see and add the docker container but when getting the data I always get:

Connection refused Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused. (Socketfehler # 10061)

When connecting with another tool (portainer) to the docker daemon (also on the remote host), everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Best regards Simon

docker error sensor

Created on Jul 11, 2017 9:43:57 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Simon,

Did you make sure that the device you added the sensor to is the Docker machine on which the container runs that you want to monitor? If so, I would suggest to contact us by email ([email protected]) including details from the parent device and the sensor's settings.

I assume the connection with portainer worked from the same host that also runs PRTG with the sensor (PRTG server or remote probe if applicable)?

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jul 12, 2017 1:48:29 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

HI Erhard,

yep, the device is the same machine on which the docker daemon runs (otherwise I couldn´t see the docker container running on the host).

The portainer docker container runs on my local machine (mac os) - I could try it from the prtg server as a quick check.

Regards Simon

Created on Jul 13, 2017 4:42:59 AM

Votes:

Hi Erhard,

yep, the device is the same the docker daemon is running - otherwise I couldn´t see the running containers. I tried portainer on my local machine (mac os) - works. The network is the same, so there is no global firewall blocking anything. I even disabled the firewall of the Windows Machine for testing purposes, didn´t work. Do I have to change anything when working with a self signed CA?

Best regards Simon

Created on Jul 13, 2017 9:19:57 AM

Votes:

Hi Simon,

Let me get some feedback from development, get back to you as soon as I know more.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jul 13, 2017 12:52:18 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Simon,

So far development suspects that most likely the configured port in the sensor might not be correct. In case you require further assistance, I would suggest you send us an email ([email protected]) with screenshots how the sensor is configured and also images from the other tool that shows the working connection.

Thank you & Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jul 18, 2017 2:34:24 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.