What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem when searching sensors using F5 library (oidlib)

Votes:

Hi all,

Error shown when searching sensors using AskF5 library (oidlib). The message is "The following page has become unresponsive. You can wait for it to become responsive or kill it." I tried to press "Wait" button few times but same message come out.

My colleague import the library without problem for other monitoring tools. So, he ask me to check any setting for PRTG to fit the library. Would anyone have experience for using the F5 library?

The libraries tried: F5-BIGIP-COMMON-MIB.oidlib F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB.oidlib F5-BIGIP-SYSTEM-MIB.oidlib

My PRTG version is 17.2.31.1917.

(It is sure that the community is correct, since some common sensors can be discovered for auto-discovery, e.g. CPU, disk, memory, etc)

Thanks.

Daniel Chan

f5 oidlib snmp-library

Created on Jul 12, 2017 8:23:46 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. It's very likely that the imported oidlib is too large. With the F5-MIBs containing many many counters, you need to select only a few of them ("Partial Selection") in the MIB Importer, to keep the oidlib small, and thus the resulting scan short and responsive.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 13, 2017 10:40:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply. I reduce the oidlib and work now. Thanks.

Daniel

Created on Jul 18, 2017 5:39:45 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.