What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Checks on Local Probe Device stopped today

Votes:

My 2012 R2 machine doing checks against itself stopped working today at 7:12pm. Disk free and Microsoft Hyper-V Network Adapter stopped reporting - both showing PE015.

I did updates around 11am and rebooted, and all was fine then. Only 8 hours later did this pop up. I did bounce the server again and the same errors are cropping up. I don't see anything interesting in the Windows event viewer. Other servers that are on 2012 R2 and on the same Hyper-V host that were updated today have no issue reporting.

Is there a log somewhere I can check to see what the issue might be?

local-probe probe prtg wmi

Created on Jul 13, 2017 3:19:35 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

And now it's fine.....started working around right around 8:45pm. So it was not working for about 90 minutes. I would still like to understand what happened! :)

Created on Jul 13, 2017 2:38:40 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

We are currently analyzing this issue. We already implemented some WMI-Fixes and Improvements in the latest version. So please check if you have installed the latest version (17.3.32.2339). If not, please install it and check the behavior.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 14, 2017 10:37:16 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Upgrading to 17.3.32.2339 from 17.2.30.1883. Sounds like a decent jump. :)

Created on Jul 14, 2017 5:50:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.