What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell Sensor Multiple Messages

Votes:

I'm trying to keep track of ips visited when using "tracert" with Powershell. I've successfully created a sensor (EXE/Script) that will return the hop path as a message. Is there any way to return multiple messages so that I can give the sensor multiple parameters to take multiple ips?

I tried to do this with the EXE/Script Advanced Sensor but couldn't figure out how to return a json of the proper format.

custom-script-exe exe-script-sensor help powershell prtg windows windows-2012-r2

Created on Jul 18, 2017 8:11:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear justinkae

A sensor only has one message. Multiple messages are not possible. If you don't get the JSON format right, please use XML instead. It is documented via the API documentation which is integrated in the PRTG webinterface: Menu Setup | PRTG API, tab Custom Sensors.

That section details all custom sensor types, including the non XML ones. Please scroll down to the XML documentation. (The JSON is analogue to XML, just in JSON formatting.)

Created on Jul 19, 2017 10:20:08 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.