What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Instance(s) not found (code: PE236)

Votes:

This morning my device did a scheduled reboot at 06:00. Once the server was back up and running all sensors continues as expected except for one local drive. Pretty much all performance counters are red for this disk while other disks are continuing.

These stopped working Disk IO 2P: Physical Disk: Current Disk Queue Length 2 P: Physical Disk: Disk Reads/sec 2 P: Physical Disk: Disk Writes/sec 2 P: Physical Disk: Percent Disk Time 2 P:

While Volume IO P: is still green and reporting accurate data.

How can I get them to work again?

pe236 physical-disk reboot wmi

Created on Jul 24, 2017 7:14:52 AM

11 Replies

Votes:

Dear wbolten

This might sound weird, but please add a Windows Uptime sensor to that device. Does that bring the other WMI sensors back?

Created on Jul 25, 2017 2:09:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I am sorry I missed this answer. Unfortunately my co-worker decided to delete them and re-add them. Loosing the historical data. Hence why i forgot about this post.

When it happens again I will try the uptime sensor.

Created on Sep 15, 2017 2:22:23 PM

Votes:

I'm having the same problem. I've created the sensor 11/10/17, next the sensor started to work ok and was up. Today 11/13/17 Enterprise Console asked me to restart the console. And then I've lost the sensor (in fact I have 8 sensors failing since then). Uptime sensor was already active so I can't activate it to see if that wakes other sensors, buy obviously the presence of Uptime sensor doesn't make other sensors to work. Any advice?

Created on Nov 13, 2017 8:42:00 PM

Votes:

In this case, please use the WMI Tester. Enter the address and credentials for that device and do a WMI query. Does that work? If you want to test the query for a specific sensor, please do a custom query according to this article.

Do you get an error message, or a result table?

Created on Nov 14, 2017 1:28:04 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 14, 2017 1:28:47 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hopefully, this may help someone. I've found that if you're using iSCSI disks, that they don't always retain the same disk number. It seems to go by the disk number and not the drive letter. So, if PRTG is looking for X: as disk 12 and it changes on next connection to disk 13, you will get this error until you re-add the disk. Unfortunately, you will lose all the history for the sensor.

Created on Nov 1, 2019 2:05:17 PM

Votes:

Hi. I also got the same problem that it first after rebooting is a warning and later on switches to an error with the message: "Instances not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk\0 C:" (Code: PE236)" And so I don't know how to get the sensor working again, because the system actually works perfectly fine. Huge thanks to everyone who can help me.

Created on May 26, 2020 6:58:00 AM

Votes:

Dear lipps_03,

in that case, please check with the WMI Tester, using the respective query documented in this article.

Is "0 C:" included in the result table?

Created on May 26, 2020 3:36:41 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi I'm having the same issue. When I run the WMI tester I get two results. 0 C: and _Total.

I'm not sure how to read these results.

Created on Jul 31, 2020 5:39:37 AM

Votes:

Hello,

the table should provide some information for the "0 C:" entry. Is that the case, or is the result table otherwise entry? Please show the specific query and the full result.

You can also contact us at [email protected] for that.

Created on Aug 3, 2020 11:24:31 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same error. This started after adding 8 discs to the array. Due to original block size, the added drive space was not completely added to the drive "letter" that was monitored by this probe and the new drive didn't get picked up at all. So now I have a 16TB drive in error and the new 6TB drive isn't represented. Also, how do I copy a sensor and adjust to meet spec of the new drive?

Created on Dec 22, 2022 1:12:22 PM

Votes:

Hello,

the sensor cannot be reconfigured. Please create it anew.

Created on Dec 23, 2022 11:10:35 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.