What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error sending "Email": Connection failed ("smtp.server.com")

Votes:

Hello,

Since I upgrade my PRTG Network Monitor to 17.3.32.2339, all my email notifications stopped working. With debug level activated I get the following debug message:

"Stat Disconnected. Error sending "Email": Connection failed ("smtp.server.com")"

No changes were made on the configuration or services.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

António Carvalho

auto-update notification-email notifications smtp

Created on Jul 25, 2017 2:04:18 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear antoniojdcarvalho

Can you manually use this email server? Which SSL/TSL versions are supported by that email server?

Created on Jul 27, 2017 12:58:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

This is an MS Exchange Server, used by all organization personnel.

I change the server to a different SMTP server and even tried with a non-existing server (to get a differente error), and the error message is exactly the same, it seems that PRTG is not reaching any SMTP host at all.

Thanks!

Created on Jul 27, 2017 1:04:29 PM

Votes:

Dear antoniojdcarvalho

In this case, please go to the PRTG Core server. Open PRTG, and add a device object on the local probe pointing to your email server. Can that sensor ping the server?

Created on Jul 28, 2017 8:21:51 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

Adding a device object on the local probe pointing to my email server it works fine...

Regards,

António

Created on Jul 28, 2017 11:24:41 AM

Votes:

Dear António

In this case, please contact [email protected] about tihs, and attach the notification debug log as file attachment.

Created on Jul 28, 2017 11:50:26 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

Thanks, I've forward my support request to Paessler support.

Thanks!

Created on Jul 28, 2017 1:46:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.