What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Schedule timetable mode timezone

Votes:

Hi,

When creating new schedules in the timetable mode editor, to create a working schedule, the input time we choose does not match any real timezone.

For instance :- - my user account is set to UTC +10. - the server is set to UTC +10. - the Windows time displays correctly and Windows is set to UTC +10.

To create a schedule that enables a sensor at 06:00 and pauses at 19:00: I enable the checkboxes from 16:00 the same day until 05:00 the next day.

Essentially, the effective timezone for timetable is GMT +20. I have tested this with an active sensor by adding 10 hours to the current time and disabling the checkbox for that hour. The sensor paused.

Is there any other setting that could cause this behaviour?

Thanks

prtg scheduler timezone

Created on Jul 26, 2017 12:39:40 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The schedule timetable is bound to your PRTG account's timezone. What PRTG version are you using?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 27, 2017 10:49:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 17.2.30.1767 x64

The tooltip does say that, but it definitely does not pause/unpause at the correct time if I enter the desired time into the timetable.

I can provide screenshots if you like.

Created on Jul 31, 2017 1:05:18 AM

Votes:

Yes please, then I can recreate it. Screens needed:

• Schedule setup
  • User account settings (timezone)
  • System timezone
  • Sensor protocol/log tab from when it unpaused
  • System timezone

Created on Jul 31, 2017 7:57:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 31, 2017 7:57:37 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Schedule
Schedule

Sensor Log
Sensor Log

Server time
PRTG system time

PRTG user time
PRTG user time

Windows time
Windows time

Created on Aug 8, 2017 1:01:15 AM

Last change on Aug 8, 2017 8:52:25 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the screenshots! In the meantime, we already found the bug behind that.
It will hopefully be fixed in PRTG v17.x.34.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 8, 2017 8:57:08 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.