What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HP Health monitor - Upper warning limit wrong?

Votes:

Is the logic for "Fans broken" and "Fault tolerant fans broken" in the HP healt sensor possibly incorrect?

The "Upper warning limit" is set to 0 and the help text states "Values above this limit will set the sensor status to 'Warning'." Yet the value for "Fans broken" _is_ 0 (not above) and the sensor state is "warning" nonetheless.

hp-proliant-health prtg snmp

Created on Jul 31, 2017 7:45:38 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello lheide,

Thank you very much for your post.

By default, the channel limits for "Fault Tolerant Fans Broken" as well as for "Fans Broken" are equally set to:
Upper Warning Limit (#): 0

Do I understand you correctly, that your sensor channel "Fans Broken" is currently "0", but the sensor is in a Warning state regarding a fan issue though?
If so, please restart the HP system once and deploy the sensor again to check if the issue can be reproduced.

What's the result?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 31, 2017 12:48:02 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

My problem was already resolved, sorry for the inconvenience. I wanted to edit the post to reflect that but the system always threw an error when I tried, so I gave up trying to edit it. You can delete this post if you like. It would have been very convenient if I could have deleted it as long as there was no reply but I could not find that option.

Thank you for your help.

Created on Jul 31, 2017 12:52:51 PM

Votes:

Hello lheide,

No worries. I'm glad you was able to solve the issue. Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if you encounter any further issues using PRTG, either via [email protected] or in our knowledge base.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Aug 1, 2017 5:37:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.