What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Warning Exchange DAG Sensor

Votes:

Hello, I am monitoring the Microsoft Exchange DAG: two servers, three databases both enabled on one of the servers. The PRTG shows me that the databases that make up the DAG are in warning. On server A (preferred) the warning is: "active but not on the preferred server". On server B (backup) the warning is: "not active but this is the preferred server". Server A is preferred, and server B is the DAG backup. I do not understand why he is showing me these values. From the Exchange PowerShell command line, I could corroborate this data: ServerA (preferred server) - ServerB (backup server).

dag exchange powershell

Created on Aug 7, 2017 5:42:26 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Can you share a few screenshots showing both Overview- and Settings Tabs of these DAG-Sensors, as well as the Powershell output which contradicts the sensors?
Also, which exact PRTG Version are you using?

best regards.

Created on Aug 9, 2017 11:33:41 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.