What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add a custom div as a map object

Votes:

I'm trying to add a custom div as a map object. (very similar to Paessler's own dashboard detailed here https://www.paessler.com/blog/dashboards-at-paessler )

To do this, I need a custom javascript loaded, as well as a custom div. I have tried placing the javascript in PRTG/webroot/myfolder/myfiles.js however I'm getting a "not found" everytime I try to reference that location directly. Ex: http://prtg/myfolder/myfiles.js just says "Not Found"

How can I get PRTG to recognize the files that I placed into it's webroot folder?

custom-map https maps

Created on Aug 10, 2017 7:26:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear rgoodrow

Please try to put the js file in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript and use an according path in the map object file.

Created on Aug 11, 2017 12:56:21 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

after moving the folder inside the javascript folder, it seems to be loading javascript now, however now I cannot load the other related files.

For reference, here is the mapobject I'm trying to create

<!--Security Camera: Front Lobby-->

<div class="map_object map_icon mapicon_status_white" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  <span>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/vxgplayer/vxgplayer-1.8.40.min.js"></script>
    <div class="vxgplayer" id="vxg_media_player1" url="rtsp://<link>/videoMain" nmf-src="/javascript/vxgplayer/pnacl/Release/media_player.nmf" nmf-path="/javascript/vxgplayer/pnacl/Release/media_player.nmf" width="300" height="200" mute="" controls="" avsync="" style="width: 320px; height: 240px;"></div>
  </span>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

there are two .nmf files that need to be loaded in conjunction with the javascript file, however my console shows they're getting a 404 error from the server when trying to load them.

Created on Aug 11, 2017 1:33:19 PM

Votes:

Dear rgoodrow,

the web server does not allow unrestricted access to PRTG files. The only way here is to use external resources (HTTP links.)

Created on Aug 14, 2017 1:00:19 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.