What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I create a sensor that displays the average value of another sensor for a specific time period?

Votes:

Hi,

I want to ask if there is a possibility to for example take all values from a sensor from the past hour, then make an average and display it in a channel?

For example, we have a custom sensors that show values of dumps/minute, and I would like to have a sensor channel which displayes the average value of this sensor for the past hour - avg dumps/hour.

Is this possible please?

Please include emails [email protected] and [email protected] in your reply.

Thanks a lot

Ivan Jankular

average sensoraveragexml specific-time-interval

Created on Aug 14, 2017 12:16:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Ivan,

As this is not possible by using the native sensors of PRTG Network Monitor, you can create your own script and request the historic sensor data via PRTG's API. You can find the documentation on the Setup | PRTG API page below the

• Custom Sensors Tab: Describes the required syntax and output for the custom sensors which PRTG expects
  • Historic Data Tab: Creates the API calls to get the historic sensor data After creating the script, you can add an Exe/Script Sensor for single results, or an Exe/Script Advanced Sensor for multi channel results.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 15, 2017 10:51:01 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.