What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding multiple ip's with only Ping sensor

Votes:

Hi,

I have a list of ip's that i need to add, they only need to have ping sensor.

/Casper

ip ping sensor

Created on Aug 16, 2017 12:52:42 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Casper,

The best approach to only monitor sensors of your choice might be device templates. You can create your very own device templates to apply the exact same sensors and settings to newly created devices. You can create a dummy device, only with the sensors of your interest and save the template with a right-click on the device name.

Afterwards, you can e.g. create a new group and choose
Settings | Device Type | Automatic sensor creation using specific device template(s) and mark the newly created template. Choose List of individual IPs and DNS names (IPv4) and enter your devices.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 18, 2017 1:42:26 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I just created this custom sensor for the same task It's static but it works :)

$Result = 0 IF (test-connection -ComputerName 10.1.1.252 -count 1) { $Result = 252 } elseif (test-connection -ComputerName 10.1.1.253 -count 1) { $Result = 253 }

$v=[string]$Result+":OK" write-host $v

Created on May 13, 2019 11:07:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.