What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Want to only allow a user group to probe node

Votes:

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is possible for PRTG to only allow a user group to monitor and manage the devices and group under a probe node which is joined to the main PRTG core.

The reason behind is we don't let our subcontractors seeing and managing our any other devices and groups and under other probes or core apart from the specific probe we allow them to manage.

I know it is possible to setup different PRTG core server to achive it but it will implicate the licensing for core. Therefore I want to know if it is possible to give access to a specific user group monitoring a specific probe joined under our main core server. Thanks a lot in advance.

licensing monitoring probes users-management

Created on Aug 22, 2017 2:12:54 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Tyla,

That sure is possible. This can be done via right-click | Edit | Access Rights. and untick "Inherit from".

Simply set the permissions of the remote probe for the corresponding user group to Full, while the others are configured to None. This will hide them for all groups, except the PRTG Administrators and the actual customer. Don't forget to to tick the "Revert children's access rights to inherited" box.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 22, 2017 11:27:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.