What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to translate alert message?

Votes:

I have found many translations with the key is pas.placeholders.prtg7errors. But when I translate them, I do not see any change in the warning messages.

Example:

• No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (error SNMP #-2003) in English

be translate to

• No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (lỗi SNMP #-2003) in my language Vietnamese

I also tried on the available languages and gave similar results. What's wrong with it and How can I translate alert message?

Thank you

alerts message prtg14 translation

Created on Aug 23, 2017 2:13:50 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm afraid that the language setting does not cover all error messages that might occur. Some errors simply come from other components and are only "relayed" to PRTG and displayed as they are. Which PRTG version are you currently using?

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 23, 2017 3:18:52 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Oh, really boring. I use PRTG version 14.1.8.1371 Corporate Country

Created on Aug 24, 2017 6:00:33 AM

Votes:

Based on the mentioned filename I suspect it is coming from an even older version of PRTG and has no effect when editing it, but I will ask the devs, just to be sure.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 24, 2017 1:33:42 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello again,

So in the end, editing this file is no longer supported, it has no effect for the version you're running I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 30, 2017 6:38:11 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.