What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Counting Sensor total values to Display in graph

Votes:

Hello Paessler Team,

once more i'm depended on your Help. I have build a html Sensor which collects Data trough JSON Objects. One of this Data is an Counter. in this case "printed pages of the last minute". Is there any possibility that PRTG displays this counter in the 2 Day Graph as total value ond not as average value?

i hope i expressed myself intelligibly

thank you in advance.

Björn Bechtold

counter graph total-valvue

Created on Aug 24, 2017 10:27:38 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Björn,

we appreciate your contact. There's no way to display raw readings in the two days graph, but there are two other alternatives you can chose from:

1. On the sensor's overview, click the relevant channel to open it's settings. Locate the setting called Value Mode. Chose between Average, Minimum and Maximum. Maximum for instance works well when you want to see the peak number of concurrent users/connections or similar metrics. You will no longer see the average on the 2, 30 and 365 days tab, but the maximum reading for the interval.
  2. Instead of using the Live Data tab, use the Historic Data tab and select the Average Interval of No Interval (Display Raw Data). PRTG will then generate a report with raw readings instead of averages. This could take some time depending on the number of measurements. For periods larger than 40 days PRTG will automatically increase the Average Interval to 1 hour average (because of the overwhelming amount of samples and data that the report would contain). This means that if you want to check the exact raw readings that were ever measured, you should perform 30-days (monthly) reports at a time.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 24, 2017 11:10:46 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.