What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Which sensor can log by day to notify?

Votes:

I would like to know if there is a sensor can be based on keyword detection, and then for notification?

I know that there is "File Content" sensor could get this information, but it will only return a single line of information and the number of occurrences, but I want the log by day, and then make a notice. Which sensor can I use to meet this function? thanks

by-day file-content notification

Created on Aug 25, 2017 4:07:09 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi sunmuel,

So you want to read the file once per day and notify you about all occurrences that happened?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 25, 2017 10:23:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

actually, because I need to collect the logs and to do trouble shooting.

Created on Aug 28, 2017 1:11:15 AM

Votes:

Hi Sunmuel,

That doesn't really clarify what you're trying to achieve - could you elaborate?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 28, 2017 5:57:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.