What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

average downtime sensors

Votes:

hi guys!

For me and my collegae's the management has set up an score for the ICT department. We decided to use the downtime of our servers / programs like SQL etc.

I had the following plan:

• add all servers
  • add sensors to the concerned servers.
  • ---> sensors like:
    • PING for the downtime of the server itself
    • SQL Server check to see if a DB has been down.
    • Check multidrive disk space
  • And maybe in a later stadium some more sensors.

What i have done now:

For example:

Lokale Sonde (Lokale Sonde)
Servers
vm-sqltest PING 0 ms 100 %   0 % 	[16d23h59m37sec [0sec	100 %  0 % 	[48960] [0]
vm-sqltest Vrije schijfruimte (Multi Drive) 8 % 100 %  0 % 	[16d23h59m42sec [0sec	100 %  0 % 	[24480] [0]

Problem is that the full report is a bit uncluttered. The full report lists all sensors separetely per server.

Is it possible to get a full report with all the named sensors for the measured servers, and than grouped per server instead of all sensors separately?

Thanks !!

reports stats uptime

Created on Aug 28, 2017 8:31:09 AM

Last change on Aug 29, 2017 7:48:48 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hey Brian,

In order to use specific sensors from different devices in a report only, we recommend to use tags.

In the settings of your report you can add sensors by tag. Using this setting, the report will include selected sensors only. For instance, the List of sensors (no graphs) template sorts the sensors by probe/group/device.

Please refer to our reports how-to guide for details.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Aug 29, 2017 8:12:29 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Jul 13, 2021 11:48:07 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Thanks! I will give it a shot :)

Created on Sep 12, 2017 10:00:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.