What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Determine & Graph data usage (KB) per IP on the network

Votes:

I am new to PTRG so please excuse revisiting old threads. I am looking for the same solution as the users described some years ago.

Did you add this functionality ? Cant find it on your resources. i.e. "to sum up the volume over a certain period" to determine data usage per IP on the network.

The solutions offered then were to: 1: Use the "Volume Trigger: this works fine for an alert but it does not give historical picture of data volume usage. 2: Integrating the Speed curve: have you added an internal tool to do this ? Seems clumsy to expect users to extract speed data and then integrate that to get picture of the Data usage status. Is it even possible to do that on a live basis ?

snmp traffic volume-trigger

Created on Aug 28, 2017 9:46:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear jonnyfant,

about which sensor is your question? With the SNMP traffic sensor you can monitor per router port. When you create a report for a particular time frame, the report also includes the volume for that time. Since a traffic sensor is per port, you get that volume for that port. Often the router is configured so that one port maps to one IP.

This is however not on a live-basis. One has to create a report, or use the tab "Historic Data".

Created on Aug 28, 2017 12:37:54 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 28, 2017 12:44:57 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.