What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Update Sensor after Update

Votes:

Hello Guys,

i updated our PRTG yesterday to the latest Stable-Version 17.3.33 since than some of my Windows Update Sensor wont work anymore.

3 of them are directly the Sensor of the Remote Probe Server and 2 are from very old Servers which worked before the PRTG Update.

I get "Timeout (code: PE018)" on those sensors.

Regards, Raphael

powershell prtg-update timeout windows-update wsus

Created on Sep 5, 2017 11:46:16 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

We're currently looking into the issue and will release a hotfix soon. Please bear with us!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 6, 2017 10:01:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Stephan,

i installed Version 17.3.33.2830 about a few minutes ago, and all Update Sensors seems fine again.

Regards, Raphael

Created on Sep 14, 2017 11:56:40 AM

Votes:

Hi Raphael,

Great to hear it's working again :) Have a nice week!

Kind regards,

Created on Sep 14, 2017 12:58:16 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ahh damn. I had high hopes for this. I have one freakin wsus sensor thats getting a timeout. New version didnt help with it :( back to the drawing board.

Created on Nov 1, 2017 7:42:04 PM

Votes:

Do other WMI based sensors work against the server? Or do they all fail eventually?

Kind regards,

Created on Nov 2, 2017 7:14:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.