What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor erro - Exchange Public Folder (Powershell)

Votes:

I get the following error when I go to create a "Exchange Public Folder (Powershell)" sensor. Running on server 2016 with exchange 2016. Probe installed on the same server. Also the mailbox powershell sensor works fine.

---ERROR MESSAGE--- Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed! Could not create the sensor Exchange Public Folder (Powershell) on device Exchange (SERVERNAME).

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ExchangeSensorPS.Program.parseMetaResult(Collection`1 psResult, Dictionary`2 paramNames, Boolean folderpath, Boolean remoteOnly) at ExchangeSensorPS.Program.Main(String[] args)

Please check the following resources: The parent device for this sensor must be the Exchange server (version 2010 or higher) that hosts the database you want to monitor. Requires credentials for Windows systems to be defined for the device you want to use the sensor on. Requires Remote PowerShell and Remote Exchange Management Shell on the target servers and PowerShell 2.0 on the probe system. Requires the FQDN of the Exchange server in the parent device settings. Requires .NET 4.0 or higher on the probe system. Knowledge Base: PowerShell Sensors: FAQ

exchange powershell public-folder

Created on Sep 8, 2017 5:52:21 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear mb17,

in this case, please open the sensor settings, enable the option "Write sensor result to disk", which generates a file in "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)" with the next sensor scan. Please contact us at [email protected], state the problem and attach said log file as file attachment.

Created on Sep 8, 2017 11:52:49 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 11, 2017 3:00:48 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately I cant get into the sensor settings. This error happens when I try to create one of this type.

I think it is failing to pull the list of public folders but it isn't showing enough in the error message to figure out what it is failing on. we have 20-30 public folders.

Created on Sep 8, 2017 6:51:41 PM

Votes:

Dear mb17,

in this case, please contact us via email including a screenshot of the error message during sensor creation. Please don't jut cut out the error message, send a screenshot of the whole PRTG interface instead. Please also describe the issue in that email.

Created on Sep 11, 2017 3:02:11 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.