What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe Administrative Access on PS script

Votes:

I'm running a custom PS script, but getting "Access Denied, PSSessionStateBroken" in PRTG.

I can fix this by changing the account the "PRTG Probe Service" is running under, however I would like to avoid having to change this on every system where this custom PS script should be running.

I there another way of executing custom PS scripts with administrative access, while keeping the PRTG Probe Service running under the Local System account?

It should be said that the top-level group with the server in PRTG (not ROOT, but one step down) has Windows Credentials set to an domain administrative account, and the servers in this group has Windows Credentials set to "Inherit".

access-rights custom-script powershell

Created on Sep 11, 2017 8:54:17 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

In settings of PRTG sensor, you have item called "Security Context". By selecting "use Windows credentials of parent device", the script will inherit credentials from the device and you won't have to care what account probe actually runs under.

Created on Sep 11, 2017 10:58:32 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.