What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I cant create usable sensors from HP MIB Files

Votes:

I am trying to create some SNMP sensors that can Monitor the Overall Health of a HPE-FF-5700 Switch. I have downloaded the HP MIB files for HP switches and i am attempting to make these into an OIDLIB i can use within PRTG. I have found a few possible results that could give me a usable result, however when i try to add these as sensors to the device i get multiple sensors that provide a 1 or 0 for things like CPU status.

I cannot seem to find the correct OID reference for the switches and the information i need.

hpe-ff-5700 prtg snmp

Created on Sep 14, 2017 9:51:03 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Try doing a walk. You might have a general OID for the CPU and maybe 0 and 1 are two different OIDs for each core of the CPU.

Created on Oct 30, 2017 6:13:43 PM

Votes:

Give this kb a try.

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/73833-can-i-monitor-my-hp-procurve-switch-health

We have a listing of OIDs for many of the metrics you are looking for, and most of these don't change between platforms of vendors as they are common amongst all devices.

Let me know if it works or not.

Created on Oct 31, 2017 12:27:44 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.