What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Android Mini Probe stops updating

Votes:

I've been tried Android Mini Probe on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. No problem. But I accidentally uninstalled it and after new installation, after adding new probe and accepting it application count to 0. On screen is Updating in, no time is shown and nothing happens.

android mini probe

Created on Sep 15, 2017 11:26:53 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello vpa,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Would you please further clarify the situation because it will allow me to better understand the situation you described. Did you configure the Probe connection settings on the Core Server accordingly? Do you already see the mini probe within PRTG?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 18, 2017 10:41:17 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sebastian, thank you for your interest. I see new mini probe, it has 5 sensors. It has been accepted. Passphrase on Android app is set. When countdown goes to 0, number is missed and nothing happens. With best regards, Vaclav

Created on Sep 18, 2017 10:57:25 AM

Votes:

Hello Vaclav,

What do you mean by "number is missed"? From your description I would assume that the mini probe works. Are you referring to this number?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 18, 2017 11:55:19 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.