What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Channel in Device Template

Votes:

Hi,

I made a custom device template file using some very usefull auto-scan, but i wish to remove some channel from the auto-scan of those created sensor.

Exemple : I use the snmpciscosystemhealth template ;

<create id="snmpciscosystemhealth" kind="snmpciscosystemhealth" requires="snmp" meta="snmpciscosystemhealth"/>

This template create 5 usefull sensor, and most of them create channel to a lot of ressource.

But those ressources are not all correct.

In Temperature he check some of my switch interface to get temperature and get a result of 378943 m°C... And bring out an alert. And removing all those sensor from every device created is a lot of work for a function created to gain time 0:)

Since i'm using this template on a whole lot of device, is there a way to filter such channel from the created sensor ?

Something like "!Ethernet"

Thanks in advance !

custom-channel customization devicetemplates

Created on Sep 18, 2017 9:24:42 AM

Last change on Sep 19, 2017 12:04:47 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey reseau_siera,

Thank you for your KB-posting.

Actually, it is neither possible to exclude those channels from the device template nor to remove the unwanted channels from existing sensors afterwards, I'm afraid.

For details regarding editing device templates, please refer to this article.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Sep 19, 2017 12:11:37 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.