What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQL Query runs fine on Server but gives error on PRTG as Custom Sensor

Votes:

Greetings,

I am using many queries on my SQL Server as Custom Sensors in PRTG. One of the query that executes perfectly fine on Server giving me error in PRTG as under. Any ideas why it's happening?

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'else'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'else'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'else'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'and'.

prtg-network-monitor sql sqlsensor

Created on Sep 18, 2017 9:27:08 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Maazbinmahmood,

Please log onto the PRTG host and manually execute the sensor which is located in the installation directory of PRTG:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System\SQLv2.exe

Here you can test the queries manually to see which syntax isn't accepted by the sensor. Does that help you to change the syntax accordingly?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Sep 20, 2017 6:53:58 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Our queries run fine in the SQLv2, but not in PRTG

Created on Feb 8, 2022 12:46:33 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

If the query runs fine in the SQLv2.exe please let me know which error you receive in PRTG?

Created on Feb 11, 2022 9:46:01 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.