What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Send alerts to Microsoft Teams with a webhook

Votes:

Any reason why I cannot send alerts to MS Teams with a webhook? I have it working to Slack but am not receiving the alerts to Teams. I saw the script but thought it would be easier to just use the Webhook.

alerts microsoft-teams webhook

Created on Sep 18, 2017 12:21:22 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Just to clarify, with Slack all I needed to do was set up an Execute HTTP Action with the webhook URL to send the Postdata to the channel.

Created on Sep 18, 2017 12:38:33 PM

Votes:

Being that I did not hear from anyone I decided to go ahead and do the script. After much touch and go I think I am close. I am getting a script error Cannot process transformation on parameter 'sensorid'. Cannot convert parameter value "%sensorid" to type system.Int32.

Has anyone used this script? Does @Martina Wittmann still work at Paessler?

Created on Sep 19, 2017 12:27:03 PM

Votes:

Hello bbazian,

Thank you for your knowledge base posts.

I assume that you already set-up a notification. The error message which you receive and which contains %sensorid appears to be the result of a test of the notification. Is this assumption correct?
If so, please trigger the actual notification because the test only provides the string %sensorid which can't be translated into the actual sensor ID (integer).

What's the result?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 19, 2017 1:10:25 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You are correct. I would add that info to the KB document. Other things I hit were the need for 32 bit Powershell to be in the path. The need for Powershell 3.0 and the need to set execution to allow the script to run.

All running now. Thanks.

Created on Sep 19, 2017 1:28:45 PM

Votes:

Hello bbazian,

Thank you very much your information. I'm glad you found a solution for your request.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 20, 2017 5:55:58 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.