What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor will not resolve or delete

Votes:

I have a sensor on a VM that is on an ESXi host. It is giving me a message "The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created" after using vMotion to move the machine to a different host for maintenance. When I moved the VM back to the original host it started giving that error. How can I clear this up?

esxi prtg-network-monitor vmwaresensor

Created on Sep 19, 2017 5:14:11 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

What endpoint are you currently monitoring with the sensors? Please note to monitor the VCenter instead of the ESXi Host when you use VMotion as the VMs will not exist on the old ESXi-Host when moved.

Best regards.

Created on Sep 20, 2017 7:43:11 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The endpoint that I am monitoring is a VM server. All VM's across 3 different hosts were moved around so that I could reboot after an update. The only VM that got an error on it's PRTG sensor is located on Host 1.

Created on Sep 20, 2017 8:14:58 PM

Votes:

Hi there,
When you add the sensor anew to the host, does the VM show up and does the sensor work properly?

Best regards.

Created on Sep 21, 2017 7:36:23 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.