What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I make custom map objects in the map designer?

Votes:

I'm currently redesigning the standard map for the network status screen in our department and made a custom map object respectively edited existing ones for that purpose. However, after saving them in the mapobjects folder, I can't see them in the object list of the map designer.

So far, I made it work by overwriting existing map objects I don't need and made backups of the originals, but that isn't really a satisfying long term solution.

It'd be great if someone could help me with that problem.

custom-object map-designer map-objects maps

Created on Sep 20, 2017 7:49:48 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

The problem solved itself. It was caused by the wrong file extension. I saved the custom/edited map objects as ".html" and not ".htm".

Created on Sep 20, 2017 8:47:00 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.