What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Listing DeviceID and GroupID in API queries

Votes:

Hello paessler support, please could you give me a bit of advice regarding getting the device and groupID into tables provided by api calls

i am using

/api/table.xml?content=devices&output=csvtable&columns=device,host,deviceid,groupid

but this is giving me 'not found' for the last two columns. What do i need to add to get the device and group IDs shown in the URL as we need to cross reference them against the list we have in our CRM

api device group-id

Created on Sep 21, 2017 9:13:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

Try it like this: /api/table.xml?content=devices&output=csvtable&columns=device,host,objid,parentid

In case you want an xml-formatted table, remove &output=csvtable from the API call, then you can open it also directly in Excel if you like, otherwise it's a comma separated csv, but I assume that's what you need for the CRM to read the data.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 21, 2017 12:17:19 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.