What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom reports

Votes:

I'm looking for a better way to filter data on which to generate reports. PRTG's drag-and-drop report creation is very inefficient and cumbersome when it comes to generating reports against a large number of devices while targeting specific sensors for the report. For example, if you want to report on disk space usage over the last 30 days for 100 servers, you have to manually add every device sensor to the report. Then, if you need to run the report again, it would not capture any new devices added. i want to know if anyone has found a way to address this problem. This is a real-world need in my organization.

Thanks, Craig

custom reporting reports

Created on Sep 22, 2017 1:04:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already try to use tags to create reports? You can add the tag on the settings page of your report, this will also add new sensors with this tag which are created in the future.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Sep 22, 2017 1:29:02 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.