What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Log Stream Data to Disk (for Debugging) doesn't work properly.

Votes:

Hello, I have configured a packet sniffer sensor as below: Sensor type: packet sniffer custom

Exclude Filter: EtherType[ARP]

Channel Definition:

1. 1:TCP Protocol[TCP]
  2. 2:UDP Protocol[UDP]
  3. 3:ICMP Protocol[ICMP]

Log Stream Data to Disk: Only for the "Other" channel

All the rest is default. The sensor works fine, I use the toplist "TOP TALKERS" to see which IPs use most bandwidth, then I go in the top chart and I see Other channel with high usage bandwidth, for this reason I seleceted the the option to log to disk "Only for the Other channel" to understand what's going on. But in the \StreamLog folder the csv file has only few rows and I don't understand who use that high bandwidth.

packet-sniffer sensor streamlog top-talkers

Created on Sep 22, 2017 1:47:45 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Please bear in mind, the "Other"-entry in the KB is something else: What does the 'other'-entry in my TopConnections/TopTalkers mean?

best regards.

Created on Sep 25, 2017 10:14:14 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.