What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Edit log files ( delete wrong measurement for temp. sensors )

Votes:

Hello!

I monitoring temperature on my wood stove with arduino, and sometimes it happens that the sensor shows the wrong temperature (-127 C )

I know that the value can be filtered by spike filter and axis scaling, but I really want to delete all values -127C...
I try edit Log Database, ( with DB Browser for SQLite 3.10.1 ) , but database is encryptet with password....

How can I erase false measurements?

Thankyou for your help !

Damjan

arduino log-database wrong-measure

Created on Sep 24, 2017 6:48:08 AM

Last change on Sep 25, 2017 10:33:45 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

How exactly are you polling the Arduino? What sensor are you using?

Data that has been collected by PRTG cannot be deleted, the monitoring database folders are also proprietary and can't be read/modified. If you wish to "start over", deploy the sensor anew, it's history will be "clean". But the correct approach here is indeed to use the Spike Filter to disregard values below -100 for instance.

The data will still be in the database, but when graph and tables are rendered, these readings will be left out.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Sep 25, 2017 10:36:03 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thankyou for amswer. I use HTTP Content sensor ( arduino have web server with temp. Data ). I use spike filter....

Regards

Created on Sep 25, 2017 6:41:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.