What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

In PRTG Which configuration settings will be given priority to receive alert is it sensor level sett

Votes:

For Oracle sql type sesnor I have seen value for warning/error being defined at sensor settings,for few at channel level defined the value for warning/error.

could you please help me to understand how these configurations will work to receive an alert?

Thanks in advance

oracle-sql prtg sensor

Created on Sep 27, 2017 6:12:53 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume that you mean the limits that can be configured in the channel settings? If so, then just open the channel settings of any channel and define your limits under the "Enable Limits" option. This will trigger a warning or error if a certain value us exceeded. To get a notification of this, add a new State Trigger in the notifications-tab of the sensor.
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_notifications_settings
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_channels_settings
https://www.paessler.com/support/videos/prtg-basics/how-to-set-channel-limits

Best regards.

Created on Sep 27, 2017 1:50:02 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply! Much informative.

I can see that limits can be configured in the Settings option of Sensor and also in the each channel settings. How does these two configuration will work?

Could you please help.

Created on Oct 3, 2017 9:50:58 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

The SQL-Sensors do not offer setting limits in the sensor settings but only in the channel settings. The "WMI Multi Disk" Sensor however both settings, one default limit of all channels and specific limits in the channel settings of the sensor.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 4, 2017 7:32:59 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply! helpful

For the same Oracle SQL sensor,channel being configured as "Value" and with below configuration:

Condition Warning to none Value 1 Condition Down set to None Value 10

Since here both warning and Down being set to "None",How does this type of sensor will give an alert?

Thanks in advance

Created on Oct 4, 2017 12:58:29 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Where did you exactly set this option? If you mean the State Triggers in the notification tab, then the only thing that will not happen is a notification being sent out.
I am currently unsure what you mean with "Condition Warning to none Value 1 Condition Down set to None Value 10".

Best regards.

Created on Oct 4, 2017 1:25:03 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, This is being set at Sensors settings option.

Created on Oct 4, 2017 2:24:44 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

As explained before, you can't set any limits/thresholds in the sensor settings, only in the channel settings. Could you take a screenshot of the option?

Best regards.

Created on Oct 5, 2017 7:55:32 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi ,

This is being done at Basic sensor settings option.

And in the Overview tab No limits being set. I am unsure about adding a screenshot here :(

Created on Oct 13, 2017 1:35:30 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

I guess it would be better if we troubleshoot this further via our Support. Please write us an email with a brief summary of the issue and screenshots of the sensor overview tab and settings. You can write the email to "[email protected]". Please include PAE939038 into the mails subject line.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 13, 2017 1:42:47 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.