What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

XML - JSON problem

Votes:

Hello,

I have just implanted my script on my remote probe about veeam, one minute later i got this error :

XML: returned file XML does not correspond to the expected plan. (Code: PE233) - JSON: the sent back file JSON does not correspond to the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (Code: PE231)

The veeam script working in my SRV-PRTG.

Did you have idea about my error ?

json snmp xml

Created on Sep 27, 2017 12:14:55 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Quentin,

One possible reason might be that you've used the wrong script sensor. If your script returns a result formed like value:message, you need to use an Exe/Script Sensor.

In case the output of the script is formed like this.... <prtg> <result> <channel>First channel</channel> <value>10</value> </result> <result> <channel>Second channel</channel> <value>20</value> </result> </prtg> ....you need the Exe/Script Advanced Sensor.

If the sensor type is correct, you could enable Write result to disk in the sensor's "Settings" tab. With the next scan it will write one or several result-files into "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)" of your PRTG server (or on the Remote Probe if applicable). All files have the sensor's numeric ID in their filenames. The sensor ID can be found on the sensor's "Overview" tab. In these logs you will see the error that occurs when PRTG runs the script.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 28, 2017 10:17:38 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.