What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I create a breakdown report of all entered probes, nodes and sensors

Votes:

I need to extract all already entered devices, per probe, group and all their current monitored sensors in a CSV format, so we can easily compare what hardware we still need to transfer from our old monitoring tool to PRTG. Ideally such a report would also be capable of showing details like what notification has been set on individual sensors. These could be two separate reports if that simplifies things, but it is important to be able to create an copy and paste-able (to Excel) overview of all entered hardware.

csv groups hardware overview probes reports sensors

Created on Oct 3, 2017 3:06:49 PM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello ahoppe,

Thank you for your contact.

The best approach is to extract the information via PRTG's API as .xml file, because there is no PRTG report that is capable of exporting such information.

Please navigate to Setup | PRTG API | Live Data and check the pre-defined API query for All sensors (with current status information).

The API call is:
/api/table.xml?content=sensors&columns=objid,group,device,sensor,status,message,lastvalue,priority,favorite
Other outputs can be generated using the XML Table Query Builder on the same page. Other parameters can be also found below.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 4, 2017 8:39:07 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have one Primary Probe device and three remote probes. However, when I run the All sensors API query, It only reports sensors from the Primary Probe device and not three remote probes. How can I include the remote probe devices in the report?

Created on Jul 16, 2018 8:35:16 PM

Votes:

Hello rrivera,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, I am not able to re-produce the described behavior. The API call: /api/table.xml?content=sensors&columns=objid,group,device,sensor,status,message,lastvalue,priority,favorite exports a .xml file which contains all sensors, no matter if they are deployed to the Local or a Remote Probe.

Would you please re-check this once more?
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sebastian

Created on Jul 17, 2018 5:08:21 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

how can i get a report that shows all sensors on remote probe device? I can only see sensors on the core probe device

Created on Jul 18, 2018 11:30:18 AM

Votes:

Can you explain what can cause the report to only report on the core probe device, and not the remote probes?

Created on Jul 18, 2018 1:44:26 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

What exactly do you want to achieve?

You can export a sensor overview from only a Remote Probe as well. To do so, please navigate to the Remote Probe's Overview tab to identify the Object ID of the Remote Probe. This ID can be found within the right sided content window which contains Status, Dependency, Default Interval and ID.

Afterwards, navigate to Setup | PRTG API | Live Data | XML Table Query Builder and select the required table information as well as the output format and add the Object ID of the Remote Probe underneath.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again but please precisely explain what you want to do.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 19, 2018 6:10:38 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.